Horde Webmail Client or “Internet Messaging Program” is a free browser based messaging suite. Horde users can read, send and organize email messages and manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, files, and bookmarks. The Horde framework is widely used by web-hosting and telecommunication companies to provide all inclusive, complete email management tool to their clients.
Question from our customer: “Do you market an extractor version for downloading emails in bulk from a Horde webmail application? I need to download and save a large amount of emails to my desktop PC running on XP Home and Outlook 2003, but don’t know how to do this. If I do it one by one it will take a year ! Many thanks.”
Below is our answer:
– First you should export emails and save them locally
– Then you may use the Mbox to Outlook Transfer tool to import Horde emails to Outlook
Exporting Emails from Horde Web-mail
Depending on Horde version the procedure may differ, below we described two most common options:
- Click on the topmost “Mail” folder in the left navigation menu
- Click on “Folders” in the top menu bar
- Check the box belonging to the folder you wish to export to select it
- Select “Download Folder(s)” from the “Choose Action:” drop-down box
- You will be to select the location to download and save a .mbox file
Another variant is appropriate for the newest Horde editions:
- Enter into the Horde Webmail application via the CPanel icon called “Email Accounts“
- If you see there only Inbox folder you may need to click the “Folder Actions” menu and select “Show All Mailboxes” to expand all mailbox you have.
- Right click to the folder name you want to export (“Inbox” for example)
- Click “Export” in the appeared pop-up menu
- Choose one of the offered options (Recommended option: “Download into MBOX file“)
- Click “OK” and wait for the server to prepare the data
- Save the file when it will be prompted by your web-browser
Repeat the same for all folders you want to export from Horde web-mail.
Transferring Horde Emails to Microsoft Outlook
- Download Mbox to Outlook Transfer, install and start it (important: converter bitness should correspond to the bitness of Outlook edition)
- Select the source folder where you saved *.mbox files exported from the Horde webmail
- Press “Scan Folder” button and wait till the end of the search
- Now press “Save PST” button
- Select the folder on your computer to save the *.pst file and specify the pst file name
- Press “Save” button and wait till the end of conversion
- Close the Mbox to Outlook Transfer tool
- Run Microsoft Outlook and use menu File > Open > Open Outlook Data File… to select and open your new *.pst file containing emails imported from Horde webmail.
Note: Comcast to Outlook conversion, CPanel to Outlook conversion can be processed using the similar steps.