Postbox to Outlook transfer – User’s Manual
This tutorial explains the steps to transfer your entire email account from the Postbox e-mail client to Microsoft Outlook.
While the process takes some serious data format conversion, this worry passes by you, because of the automated conversion of Postbox to Outlook Transfer software.
Contents of the tutorial:
- Where Postbox stores e-mail data
- How to convert Postbox messages to a standalone PST file
- How to transfer all your e-mails from Postbox directly to MS Outlook
Where Postbox stores e-mail data
In fact, with Postbox to Outlook Transfer tool you don’t need to know the exact location of Postbox MBOX files and folders. The program automatically detects the location of the mailboxes to convert even if you have no idea where to find them or if you don’t know what MBOX files are at all.
However, sometimes automatic scan fails. Usually, this is a strong indicator of some problems in the registry or a conflict between multiple profiles or such. Also, manual browsing for a folder is required when you moved the Postbox files from another computer, or if Postbox had multiple accounts. Anyway, in such cases you may need to specify the location of e-mail files manually.
Typically, the default path to the Postbox data folder is:
~your home folder/Library/Application Support/Postbox/Profiles/[your profile]/
(Note: In macOS the Library folder is hidden. To access it, open the Finder and type ⌘-shift-L.)
(Note: The AppData folder is folder is a hidden folder; to show hidden folders:
- Windows Vista / 7 – Open a Windows Explorer window and choose “Organize → Folder and Search Options → Folder Options → View (tab) → Show hidden files and folders”.
- Windows 8 and higher: Open a Windows Explorer window and choose “View Tab → Options → View Tab → Show hidden files and folders, then click the Apply button”.)
Important! If Postbox has multiple e-mail accounts, we recommend processing them one by one, specifying the path to each one manually.
The program is designed to identify the mailbox folders automatically and this works 99% of time, so before browsing the Postbox folder manually please allow Postbox to Outlook Transfer do this first.
Prior to start the conversion:
- Within Postbox, compact your folders by selecting Compact Folders from the File menu. If your mailboxes are quite large, this could take several minutes.
- Quit Postbox.
How to convert Postbox messages to a standalone PST file
Here is how you can transfer messages from the Postbox email client to an Outlook PST file you can later import to Outlook using File -> Open -> Outlook Data File…:
- Obviously, you need Postbox to Outlook Transfer software, so download and install it from here. Since the tool is rather small, installing it takes less than two minutes overall.
- Run Postbox conversion software using one of the shortcuts (32 or 64-bit).You should run Postbox to Outlook Transfer using the shortcut corresponding to the version of Microsoft Outlook installed on your computer. For 32-bit Outlook run 32-bit conversion tool, for 64-bit Outlook run 64-bit conversion tool.
- Directly upon the startup the program scans the computer and automatically detects the location of Postbox files. Then you should see the main window of the Wizard that displays what the tool has found.
- In case the program was not able to detect the path to Postbox databases, or if you want to specify the folder manually, click the “…” (Browse) button.
- Depending on the software options it may prompt to select the target Outlook folder to import emails. You may choose the topmost folder (“Postbox to Outlook Transfer” on picture below) if you want to import all folders and emails as they was in Postbox or select another folder.
- With the Postbox folder set (either automatically or manually), click the “Scan Folder” button to find specific database files that hold all the messages. Postbox to Outlook Transfer will scan this folder and find the necessary files then. Then, you can select which files you want to import to Outlook.
- To save the data to an external PST file, click the “Save” button. This will open the Save dialog where you should specify the file name destination folder of the PST file. Then the exporting process starts.
* – “Save to PST file mode” is enabled by default
The process may take a while depending on the overall volume of e-mail messages and the number of accounts, however we confident that Postbox to Outlook Transfer tool is the fastest tool at market.
As soon as the program finishes, you can open the resulting PST file to Outlook using the File -> Open -> Outlook Data File… menu, or copy it to a USB drive to transfer to another computer.
How to transfer all your e-mails from Postbox directly to MS Outlook
The most popular importing option is to import Postbox e-mails directly to Microsoft Outlook. This is convenient, because you almost instantly get the working e-mail account transferred to another e-mail client without any additional setup or adjustments.
Here is how you can transfer Postbox messages directly to Outlook.
- Download the Postbox to Outlook Transfer application using this link, then run the downloaded executable to install the program. This takes merely a minute or so.
- Now, run Postbox to Outlook Transfer. There will be two shortcuts on your desktop. Choose the one that matches your Outlook version.
- The key advantage of this Postbox converter is that the program automatically detects the folder where Postbox stores its data. So, when you run Postbox to Outlook Transfer tool, it tries to automatically detect this folder. If you need to specify the storage folder manually, or if the program cannot detect the Postbox storage path automatically, you can specify the folder manually by clicking the “…” Browse button. Alternatively, you can use the File -> Open menu for that.
- The Source Folder field now displays the folder where Postbox mailboxes are stored. Click the “Scan Folder” button to find the mailbox container files in the specified folder. All containers that Postbox to Outlook tool finds appear in the central text box.
- Choose menu “Mode” to enable the “Import to Outlook” mode
- Select e-mail containers you want to import to Outlook and click the “Import” button. Postbox to Outlook Transfer starts converting the mailbox format and importing the data straight to the specified Outlook profile.
- As soon as the process finishes, you can start using your imported e-mails in Outlook. Postbox to Outlook Transfer accurately converts your correspondence and transfers them to Microsoft Outlook carefully preserving readability of each and every message.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?