EML to Outlook Transfer – Usage Instructions
Email conversion of any sort is quite often a complex process that involves a great number of dependency and format compatibility checks, implies a strict sequence of actions and requires a certain skill and knowledge level from the person undertaking it. People who have never performed data migration in any shape of form are understandably wary of doing it on their own, which makes them spend time and money to have it done by professionals. All of this can be avoided with the help of our products.
EML to Outlook Transfer is a tool that helps users save time and money while converting their email messages to Outlook. The software supports EML as the source format, which means that that it can be used with a broad range of email clients supporting this format “out of the box” or through conversion from proprietary formats. The only supported destination format is PST, Microsoft Outlook’s native data container that is not directly supported by any other application on the market. EML to Outlook Transfer software ensures a speedy, reliable and accurate conversion of your emails directly to Microsoft Outlook or a standalone PST file on your hard drive. At the same time, the product is extremely intuitive and user-friendly, so you don’t need a master’s degree in computer science to migrate from your old email client to Outlook. The process is fully guided, automated and 100% hassle-free.
Below are detailed instructions for getting ready for and performing your very first EML to PST conversion.
Step 1 – EML to Outlook conversion tool installation
EML to Outlook Transfer is supplied as a one-file distribution package. Please note that we do not guarantee the safety of files downloaded from any site except for the official one. The program requires no additional components to be downloaded and is ready to be used immediately after installation. The most recent version of EML to Outlook Transfer is fully compatible with
- Download the program to your computer
- Start the installation file. If you have UAC enabled, you will see a corresponding prompt for your permission to run the program. Answer affirmatively to continue.
- Agree to the program’s usage terms and conditions by checking the corresponding box.
- Wait until the program is fully installed.
- On the last page of the installation wizard, select the version of the program to start. If you have already installed the program, locate the program in the Start menu or use a desktop shortcut.
You may read more about software setup and removal in the specific instruction.
Step 2 – Selection of the source EML files to be imported
Before you proceed with EML to Outlook conversion, you need to make sure that you have properly prepared your data. This tutorial is based on the assumption that you have already extracted your email files to a folder on your hard drive either manually or using a built-in email export function or a third-party email extraction tool. For more information about exporting/extracting email messages to the EML format, please feel free to browse our site and check out corresponding tools.
If you have already taken care of this and you files have been saved to a particular folder on your computer’s hard drive, do the following:
- Start the program
- Click the button to the left of the “…” (Browse) button to open a folder selection dialog. Use this dialog to locate the folder with your messages. Once done, the path to your files will be displayed in the “Source Folder” field.
- Click the “Find Storages” button. The program will scan the folder you selected and display a list of files in the Email Containers area.
- Select the files to be converted using checkboxes to the left of filenames in the list.
Step 3 – EML to Outlook conversion process
You have now successfully selected the EML files to be imported to Outlook. Please bear in mind that the conversion will not be possible without a copy of Outlook installed on your computer, since the tool uses some of its components for data processing.
EML to Outlook Transfer has a number of preprocessing options that you should be aware of. These options can be found in the “Options” section of the main program menu:
- Check that email client is running – when enabled, this option checks if Outlook is running and requests that the user close it to prevent potential file access conflicts.
- Remind to disable antivirus – if this option is unchecked, the program will no longer warn the user that all anti-virus products like Norton, Kaspersky or ESET must be closed/deactivated during data conversion, since they may affect its result or even make it impossible.
- Use internal format processor – when this option is enabled, the program will use its own data file parser that quite often performs better than the standard one (the data parsers is not yet a part of the standard package and is made available upon request).
- Correct Email Encoding (Mac/Unix to Win) – when enabled, this option makes sure that EML files copied from Mac or Unix systems for conversion to a PC-based copy of Outlook are properly processed and emails are readable on the destination system.
- Prompt to select the Outlook profile – turn this option on if you want to be able to select the Outlook profile for your data. This option works only when Import mode is active.
- Target Outlook folder [Prompt to select the Outlook folder; Inbox] – sets the default destination folder for converted emails. The user can specify it manually every time files are converted or set it to “Inbox” for all future conversions.
The “Mode” section in the main program menu contains the following items:
- Import to Outlook
- Save to PST file
These options are fairly self-explanatory. The former will instruct the program to import directly to the current Outlook profile, while the latter will save your data to a PST file on your hard drive that you can use in a number of ways.
Now that you have selected the files to be processed and the necessary conversion options, you are ready to start the actual conversion process. Assuming that you are transferring data directly to Outlook, here is what you need to do:
- Click the “Import” button. The program will ask you to disable your anti-virus software for some time to avoid potential problems (if the corresponding option is enabled). Click OK to accept and move on. You may also see an Office configuration selection window at this time. Just leave the setting unchanged and click OK to proceed.
- The program will open a dialog for selecting the destination Outlook folder for your exported data. Pick an existing folder or create a new one using a corresponding button, then click OK to start importing data.
- The program will start saving your emails to the selected folder.
In case you selected the “Save to PST file” option, the process will be nearly identical, with the exception of the destination folder selection step, where you will need to specify the name and location of the resulting file. The rest of the actions will be the same.
This concludes the description of EML to Outlook or EML to PST conversion using EML to Outlook Transfer utility. Should you have any questions or issues with the program, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.
Thank you for using GlexSoft products!
How useful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!