IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer – User’s Manual
This article describes the process of converting email messages and attachments from IncrediMail to Microsoft Outlook. Please note that Microsoft Outlook must be installed on your computer at the time of data export, since IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer tool requires it to save extracted emails to a PST file on your hard drive or directly to an Outlook profile. A copy of IncrediMail on the same system is optional, and all you need is its Message Store folder, where IncrediMail stores its messages, which can even be copied from another PC. More details about this and other aspects of the work of IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer software are provided below.
IncrediMail to Outlook Conversion Briefly
Different IncrediMail versions store data in different formats. It is important to check which version of the IncrediMail you are using before proceeding with the conversion. Below you can download a converter that corresponds to the version of IncrediMail data that you want to convert.
- If you using IncrediMail 2.0 – download this converter
- If you using IncrediMail 2.5 – download this converter
- If you used IncrediMail 2.0 before but now using Incredimail 2.5 – download both converters and use them one by one.
- Message Store – directory on the hard drive containing IncrediMail database, messages and attachments;
- IBK – a file extension (*.ibk) of the IncrediMail data backup file created by IncrediBackup program;
- PST – a file extension (*.pst) of the Outlook Data File. Microsoft Outlook stores all data inside it;
- ZIP – a file extension (*.zip) of the WInZIP archive.
Get IncrediMail source files:
- Create backup file using Incredibackup software.
- Rename *.ibk (IncrediMail backup) file to have a ZIP extension.
(before: “2020-03-08- IncrediBackup – firstname.lastname@example.org”
after: “2020-03-08- IncrediBackup – email@example.com”)
- Unpack everything from the ZIP file.
Import emails from IncrediMail backup to Microsoft Office Outlook:
- Run IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer software.
- Click “Mode” in the top menu and enable the “Save to PST file” option.
- Click “Options” in the top menu and click ”Target Outlook folder” then click “Top of Outlook Folders” to enable this option.
- Click browse button ”…” and choose directory called “Message Store“ which is located inside the unpacked backup folders. ( example path C:\Documents\Identities\Identity\message store\ )
- Click “Scan Folder” button and wait for the end of the scanning.
- Click “Save PST” button.
- Program will open the “Save as” dialog where you may select a path to save Outlook Data File. You may leave default selection and click “Save” button.
- Wait till the end of conversion then open created PST file in Microsoft Outlook.
- Run Microsoft Outlook and click menu File > Open > Open Outlook Data File…, select PST file and confirm opening.
Please continue reading if you need detailed instruction.
How to open IncrediMail database using Microsoft Outlook?
Content of this instruction:
- How to find IncrediMail Message Store location?
- How to transfer emails from IncrediMail v2.5 to Microsoft Outlook?
- How to import emails from IncrediMail v2.0 into MS Outlook?
- How to extract IncrediMail v2.0 messages to EML files for further migration?
File and folder selection
The easiest way to get source files for the conversion
The second part of this chapter describes the technical aspects of finding IncrediMail Message Store location. If you experiencing a technical difficulties you may use the following method:
- Run IncrediBackup program (IncrediMail data backup software).
- Create backup of the IncrediMail Identity which you would like to convert using our software.
- Rename the backup file *.ibk file to have a ZIP extension.
- Extract the content of the backup ZIP file.
- Use the patch to the Message Store directory in your extracted backup as a source folder for our software.
Click here to skip the technical part about IncrediMail data files location.
For those, who familiar with Identity
Every data conversion or migration operation starts with defining the location of the source data. In some cases, this is a simple and straightforward task – the data are stored in a single sub-folder of the program installation folder or a database that can be easily identified and opened for data extraction. However, things do not always work the way we want. Email client software developers, willingly or unknowingly, create complex data structures, decentralize data storages and turn the initial collection of source files into a painstaking, if at all possible, endeavor.
As a key rule, our programs automatically determine the location of the source files, and you don’t have to worry about it. However, some situations require that you do it manually – for instance, if the source files were copied to a computer where the corresponding email application has never been installed; or if multiple identities/user profiles confuse the program and require user involvement.
This said, we recommend using the automatic feature first and then proceeding to manual folder selection in case it fails for one of the reasons described above.
The default folder for IncrediMail 2.x data files is:
Attachments are stored in a subfolder:
[Username] – Is your user name in the system
[Identity_ID] – the bunch of random symbols related to IncrediMail identity
IMPORTANT: Application Data folder is usually hidden by the system. If you want to open it, you may need to configure Files Explorer to show the hidden content. Alternatively you may enter %LOCALAPPDATA% into the address field of the File Explorer as it shown on the picture below:
Exit IncrediMail Completely
You have to exit IncrediMail prior to start the conversion otherwise source database and other files will remain opened by IncrediMail. This may cause the access violation problem. It is not enough to click X sign in the right top corner of the email application, to completely exit IncrediMail you have to click by the right mouse button to the IncrediMail tray icon and choose Exit in the appeared pop-up menu.
Migration from IncrediMail 2.5 to Microsoft Outlook or .PST file
IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer software enables you to save messages to a standalone PST file and directly to Outlook.
To do that, follow these instructions:
- Download and install the latest version of IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer utility on your PC. The installation process takes under a minute on typical systems.
- Run IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer tool. Software installer creates two shortcuts: one for 32-bit Outlook and another one for 64-bit Outlook edition. Please use the proper shortcut.
- Check if the Source folder selected correctly. If not, specify the location of the source files manually: click on “…” (Browse) and navigate to the Message Store folder containing your IncrediMail files and attachments (see “File and folder selection” chapter for more information). You can also use the File->Open menu to do the same.
- Once you have selected a folder and its name has appeared in the Source Folder field, click on “Scan Folder” or use the File->Scan Folder command to start searching for IncrediMail message files (*.iml) in the specified folder. The names of your email files will populate the list occupying the middle part of the program window.
- To start importing IncrediMail messages into PST file, click the “Save” button. A dialog will come up and prompt you for a folder on your hard drive that you want to save your messages to. Confirm your selection and wait for the program to finish conversion.
- If you need to import IncrediMail messages directly to MS Outlook, use menu “Mode” to change the mode which allows to import emails into Outlook. Then click the “Import” button. A dialog will prompt you to select the Outlook folder to import emails in.
- Depending on the computer configuration you may receive the prompt to enter a database credentials. You may press OK button to continue as the data base file is not protected.
- Full details about the items being processed are shown in the log window at the bottom of the window.
- Once the process is over, launch Outlook to find your messages. The resulting PST file can be immediately copied to another system and loaded to Microsoft Outlook.
You may open a single PST file that was saved in the specified folder using Outlook menu File > Open & Export > Outlook Data File…
Note: the program creates a plain folders structure, it places all folders on the same level. After conversion you should organize your folders (move one to another) in Outlook manually.
Transferring email messages and attachments from IncrediMail 2.0 to Outlook:
IncrediMail offers completely full automation of the data transfer process and requires just a few simple actions to be performed by the user.
To start the IncrediMail to Outlook migration process, do the following:
- Download and install the latest version of IncrediMail to Outlook Converter on the computer containing the copy of IncrediMail. Note that you will also need a copy of Outlook installed on the same computer to perform direct IncrediMail to Outlook conversion.
If IncrediMail is not installed on this system, copy the source data files from the locations (on the source system) specified in the first chapter using any convenient means (LAN, USB drive, memory card, etc.) to any folder on your hard drive.
- Run IncrediMail to Outlook conversion software. Please use the proper shortcut – 32-bit for 32-bit Outlook edition and 64-bit for Outlook of 64-bit edition.
- The program will attempt to detect the location of the source IncrediMail data and attachment files. If it doesn’t happen, use the “Browse” button to navigate to and select corresponding folders on the hard drive.
- The program will show a list of available folders in left panel. Leave the default selection intact to convert everything or select the necessary folders only for partial data transfer. (You may right click to the files list to open the pop-up menu)
- If you would like to restore messages and attachments previously deleted in IncrediMail, check the “Restore Deleted Emails” option next to the “Import” button. *
- If you would like to save imported emails to a new standalone PST file, use the “Save .PST” button to specify its location and start the process. *
- Click “Import” to start importing your messages. A new dialog will prompt you for the target Outlook folder that your imported folders and messages will be saved to. Information about processed items is shown in the log window.
- Once finished, you can start Outlook and organize the newly imported IncrediMail folders and emails.
* – option available only for tool that works with IncrediMail 2.0 data files.
Extracting email messages and attachments from IncrediMail to EML files:
Apart from transferring messages from IncrediMail to Outlook, IncrediMail email converter tool can save them to a set of EML files on the user’s hard drive. *
To do that, complete the following steps:
- Download and install the special version of IncrediMail conversion tool on the computer containing the copy of IncrediMail message store. Note that you will also need a copy of Outlook installed on the same computer to perform direct IncrediMail to Outlook migration. If you have click-to-run version of Outlook 2013 or 2003 it is recommended to update it to standalone Outlook version.
If IncrediMail is not installed on this system, copy the data files from the locations (on the source system) specified in the first chapter using any convenient means (LAN, USB drive, memory card, etc.) to any folder on your hard drive.
- Run IncrediMail to Outlook conversion tool.
- The program will attempt to detect the location of the source IncrediMail data and attachment files. If it doesn’t happen, use the “Browse” buttons to navigate to and select corresponding folders on the hard drive.
- The program will show a list of available folders in the left panel. Leave the default selection intact to convert everything or select the necessary folders only for partial data transfer.
- If you would like to restore messages and attachments previously deleted in IncrediMail, check the “Restore Deleted Emails” option next to the “Import” button.
- Click the “Save .EML” button to open a dialog and specify the destination folder on your hard drive for saving the exported data. Confirm your selection to start the email migration process. The program will create a subfolder for each IncrediMail file it converts.
* – option available only for tool that works with IncrediMail 2.0 data files.
The exported EML files can be immediately imported into any email application supporting it, including Outlook Express, The Bat!, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Windows Mail, Live Mail and others.
- How to transfer IncrediMail contacts to Outlook
- Converting IncrediMail email to Thunderbird
- How to transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook
- How to Transfer EML Files to Outlook
- How to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook
- How to export Gmail emails to PST
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?