If you plan to purchase the Outlook Transfer software, we strongly recommend that you read this article. It describes how to properly evaluate our software and test the basic conversion parameters and modes.
Let’s start with the most frequently asked question:
What is the difference between the free version and the paid version?
A trial version of Outlook Transfer software displays a message when you trying to start the conversion. This message reminds you that free version allows to get the limited result as Trial version can import or convert a limited number of emails (or contacts) per folder. However, this does not hinder to evaluate how the program works on your computer and whether it performs all the functions you need.
How to Evaluate the Outlook Transfer software properly
Following example is based on EML to Outlook Transfer software evaluation.
- Open software description page and read the brief description. Pay attention to the System Requirements!
- Download software installer and run it. The system may prompt you to allow the installation to continue:
- Click Yes to setup the software, then complete the software installation wizard.
Important! Software installer setups both 32-bit and 64-bit version of the converters but only one of them can be used. You have to use the converter which corresponds to your Outlook version. If you have 32-bit Outlook installed at your PC, you may use only 32-bit converter and if Outlook version is 64-bit, you may use only 64-bit version, it doesn’t matter what OS edition you have. This rule applies to the conversion modes “to Outlook”or “to PST file”.
- When setup will be finished, you will see two shortcuts, one to run 32-bit converter and another to run 64-bit one. Click appropriate shortcut to run the converter.
- Select the folder where your source files and folders are located, use other options according to the software usage instruction. Don’t forget the folder where you new PST file was saved.
Important! Default software working mode is set to “Save to PST file“, we recommend to use this mode for the evaluation. The possibility of direct import to Outlook profile may depend on your account type, account configuration, server preferences and policies of the domain network (for organisations). Sure, you may also try to import data directly to Outlook profile, but first, please check if saving to PST is working.
- Run the conversion and wait till the end of process.
- Inspect the program log if needed and close the program.
Opening PST file in Microsoft Outlook
To properly evaluate the conversion result you should open result PST file in Outlook and check the imported data (Emails, Folders etc.). To do that:
- Run Microsoft Outlook and use menu File > Open Outlook Data File.
- Select and open the PST file created by our software.
- In the list of Outlook folders find the Data File name corresponding to your PST file. For current example it is “EML to Outlook Converter“
- Click the triangle icon to expand the tree of subfolders.
- Check imported emails.
Don’t forget that free version imports limited amount of emails per folder. Full activated version of Outlook Transfer software do not have such limits i.e. it allows to import unlimited amount of emails.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding to our software. We will be happy to help you to migrate your emails to Outlook smoothly and without major efforts.
More Knowledge Base articles
How useful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!