If you already completed the Live Mail to Outlook emails conversion, you may want to import Live Mail contacts as well. In this article we will describe the main method of the Live Mail address book export and contacts conversion to Outlook PST file. First you should export Live Mail contacts to VCF files, it can be done from Windows Address Book if your Live Mail is broken and can not be launched or from the Live Mail itself.
Do the following to export Live Mail contacts:
- Run Live Mail and choose Contacts menu or press Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut
- In the main menu (Ctrl+M) select Export > Business Card (.VCF)
- Select the location (empty directory) where exported Live Mail contact files should be saved
- Click OK button
- Select contact fields you want to include and save your contacts if such dialow will appear.
Now Address Book is saved into virtual contact files (.VCF) and you have everything necessary to import Live Mail contacts to Outlook.
How to import vCard contacts to Outlook?
TIP: You may read this instruction instead…
- Download, install and run vCard to Outlook conversion tool
- Specify the source directory where you .VCF files were saved (see the step #3 above)
- Press Scan Folder button and wait for the search to be done
- Use menu Mode to select Save to PST if your Outlook profile type is “online”
(Online Outlook profile – IMAP or Exchange Server account which stores data at the server side)
- Press Save PST button and specify the PST file name
- Select the Outlook profile if prompted and the Outlook contacts folder to be used as target and continue the conversion
- When conversion will be finished you may open PST file with your contacts in Microsoft Outlook using menu File > Open > Open Outlook Data File… and organize imported contacts manually i.e. create contact groups, move contacts etc.
As you see the Live Mail address book to outlook conversion is simple, but requires some manual steps at the beginning, however this guarantee that no one contact record will be lost or forgotten.
You may also want to know:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?